All CIPFA members receive 10% off the price of this course.
About the programme
The Leadership Academy for Serving or Aspiring CFOs is designed to improve your ability to work with and influence, senior politicians, senior colleagues, partner organisations, peers and staff.
The course focuses on the development of personal impact, problem solving and decision-making skills to match the evolving CFO role and career aspirations. The aim is to maximise your strategic impact and support you in your career progression to senior levels.
The course introduces a mixture of practical and informative input from industry leading experts and practising CFOs, together with a core programme of action-learning, providing participants with exposure to the latest best practice and theories on leadership and personal impact.
Thanks to bursaries from the Local Government Association, delegates from local authorities in England may be eligible for a 50% discount on the price of this programme. The discount will be applied when invoices for the course fees are issued. To check whether you are eligible, please contact our customer services team on: +44 (0)20 7543 5600
Only one discount applies per booking.
Who is it for?
This course is for:
- finance specialists across the public sector aspiring to become CFOs
- existing CFOs seeking to refresh skills and knowledge.
On completing the programme you will:
- have a better appreciation of your personal impact on others
- have practical strategies for influencing senior colleagues and senior elected members
- know how to exploit your own leadership strengths with those who work for you
- be better able to analyse and learn from your own and your peers’ experiences when approaching complex issues and working with uncertainty
- know how to construct your own reflective learning programme.
Duration and mode of delivery
There are three workshops and five action learning sets over a five to six-month period.
The programme can be delivered in-house at your location, saving you valuable time and money.
This can be cost-effective and allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation’s unique needs and context.
For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
This course carries 56 CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
For full details visit: www.cipfa.org/cpd