A four hour e-learning course introducing the concept of finance business partnering.
All CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount.
About the e-learning
Finance departments are re-designing themselves to incorporate finance business partnering as the front-line of their efforts to demonstrate that they add value to decision-makers. This e-learning sets out the thinking behind finance business partnering as well as the practical steps involved in becoming a trusted adviser and how to create real impact on the strategic decisions and direction of your organisation.
You may also be interested in our one-day introductory course, which explores some of the e-learning content in more detail.
Who is it for?
The e-learning is ideal for those wanting to understand the concept of Finance Business Partnering ahead of planning to adopt a business partnering approach, or who have implemented business partnering and want to sense-check their approach.
The e-learning covers:
- definitions of business partnering, its history and its importance in adding value
- what business partners do, how they behave and the attitudes, skills and behaviours needed
- the challenges to the idea of business partnering and to implementing business partnering
- ways to overcome the challenges at an organisational, departmental and individual level
- lessons for business partnering from trusted internal advisers and consultants
- changing the priorities and strategies for the finance department
- personal strategies for implementing changes in the workplace, personal action plans and areas for further development
How is it delivered?
The e-learning is delivered online via CIPFA's online learning environment. Detailed joining instructions will be sent to you.
How long will it take to complete?
The e-learning will take around four hours to complete and you will have access to the learning materials for three months.
The e-learning costs £99 +VAT.
This e-learning carries four CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
Find out more about CPD requirements.
Extend your learning
If you are interested in developing your knowledge further, the course naturally leads to CIPFA's Diploma in Finance Business Partnering.
Introduction to Finance Business Partnering