A four-hour e-learning course introducing the subject of sustainability in a procurement context.
All CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount
About the e-learning
This e-learning course offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject of sustainability in a procurement context. It explores what is required to ensure a sustainable approach to procurement and contract management when organisations are spending public monies with third parties.
On completion you will be able to:
- communicate with all stakeholders how they must support the delivery of sustainable outcomes
- understand the connection between the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and tender assessment criteria and how to establish outcomes that deliver tangible benefits to an organisation’s targets
- implement practical methods of measurement that clearly demonstrate performance against expected outcomes
Who is it for?
The e-learning has been designed for those who are working in the public sector, either in a specialist procurement role, or in a management or finance role with some responsibility for procurement.
- Setting the scene – UN SDGs and how the UK has adopted them into the UK Social Value Model.
- Stakeholder engagement to determine and achieve common goals.
- The role of procurement and/or contract management in developing the reporting mechanisms for the organisation’s sustainability agenda.
- The UK Social Value Model and its use in procurement.
- The importance of pre-market engagement with suppliers.
- Developing criteria to support the selection of suppliers who have common values with the organisation.
- Methodologies that will measure performance and hold suppliers to account in the delivery of sustainable goals.
- Measuring and monitoring social value creation.
- Monitoring and reporting against KPIs and taking action in the event of any failure to perform.
How is it delivered?
This e-learning is delivered online via CIPFA’s online learning environment. Detailed joining instructions will be sent to you.
How long will it take to complete?
The e-learning will take around four hours to complete and you will have access to the learning materials for three months.
The e-learning costs £99 + VAT.
All CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount.
The e-learning carries 4 CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
Develop your understanding
You may also be interested in our Finance Skills: Procurement and Contract Management e-learning and the Diploma in Contract Management.