LINK Asset Services
Link Asset Services – Link Market Services (LAS) is proud to have worked in collaboration with the SDCT over many years and more recently as official sponsor. LAS is the market leader of treasury management services to public service organisations and whilst our relationship focuses on this core business activity, including insights into topical issues and current market challenges, LAS also provides a wide range of other services and products that support District Authorities and the wider Public Sector. These additional services include support for asset financing, technical accounting, due diligence, business planning and housing initiatives. We believe that our industry expertise combined with the calibre of our people places us in an excellent position to continue building a successful working relationship with, and provide support to, the members of the SDCT.
The public sector is a key sector for Grant Thornton and we have been working with local authorities for over thirty years. We provide assurance, tax and advisory services to more local authorities than any other supplier and count 32% of local authorities in England as external audit clients, and we are the largest employer of CIPFA members and students in the UK.
We have over 130 local government and related body audit clients in the UK and over 75 local authority advisory clients. This includes London boroughs, county councils, district councils, city councils, unitary councils and metropolitan authorities.
Our experience ensures our solutions are grounded in reality and draw on best practice. Our experience across the sector is unmatched by other firms and we have a deep understanding of national and local issues, cultures, values and operating environments, including:
- responses to the financial challenges from the perspectives of police, local authority and health organisations and the partnerships in which they operate
- best practice in achieving value for money and protecting outcomes for residents and communities
- development of commercial skills and identifying new sources of income
- best practice programme management and governance arrangements in the sector
- approaches to collaboration and partnership working across the public sector, including new delivery models and service integration
- developing the capacity of the finance function, and wider support on leadership, people and culture
- responses to the national public sector reform agenda
Further information can be found via the following links:
Zurich Municipal is part of the Zurich Insurance group, Zurich. We are one of the leading providers of risk and insurance solutions to Britain's public services. Handling over 100,000 claims every year, we look after: UK Local Authorities, health services, educational establishments, charities and voluntary bodies and social housing associations.
We help deliver the risk management strategies, best practices and insurance cover you need to maximise the welfare of your communities whilst also improving your organisation's resilience and ability to deliver transformational change. For a clearer picture of the emerging risks affecting your organisation visit www.zurichmunicipal.co.uk