The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is in the middle of an exciting programme to reform the local government finance system so that it supports local authorities to provide sustainable, high quality public services beyond the current spending period, whilst balancing the impact of taxation on businesses and council tax payers.
It is looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals with local government experience to join the Department on temporary secondment to help develop and deliver this major reform and taxation programme.
There are a range of opportunities available, at all grades, to work across the directorate to take forward policy development and delivery on a number of ministerial priorities:
- Delivering the Fair Funding Review of local authority needs and resources.
- Preparing for the upcoming Spending Review in 2019.
- Working on the upcoming Adult Social Care Green Paper.
- Meeting manifesto commitments to deliver significant reforms to business rates retention.
- Continuing to develop and reform of the local tax regime (council tax and business rates), ensuring the smooth passage of legislation currently in Parliament.
- Overseeing the accurate delivery of a complex and intricate local government finance system, including the collection of £50bn of taxes.
Download the full job advert below.