Below is a briefing note on the Queen’s Speech of 21 June. There was no mention of the Local Government Finance Bill, which is disappointing, but it does not rule-out a Bill later in this session.
The new ministerial team at the Department of Communities & Local Government has been announced:
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government – Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP [MP for Bromsgrove].
- Minister of State – Alok Sharma MP [MP for Reading West and previously minister in FCO].
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State – Jake Berry MP [MP for Rossendale and Darwen and previously PPS to Greg Hands MP before the Election].
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State – Marcus Jones MP [MP for Nuneaton and minister at CLG since May 2015].
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State – Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth (jointly with the Northern Ireland Office) [minister at DCLG since July 2016].
There is some continuity with the same secretary of state, and the continuation of Marcus Jones as PUSS.