The 2019 Treasury Management Network Annual Conference hosted a first-class array of speakers and commentators tackling the most significant issues for UK Public Sector Treasury Management.
The speakers addressed the current key challenges, including responding to the new regulatory regime and establishing the necessary governance and due diligence. We also heard from the NAO on their latest reports and learned about a new project to educate us on carbon literacy and how this will affect everything we do in the years ahead. A panel debate featuring economic experts provided the latest insights into investments and markets.
The conference also provided the following:
- expert economic analysis from DWS
- the latest thinking from the National Audit Office that will inform future governance arrangements
- current issues emerging from CIPFA and MHCLG in our regulatory roundup
- our panel debate, which considered how authorities went about developing the capital strategy and which suggested good practice
- what investment options and approaches are available to improve returns
- and, finally, a new project was discussed which seeks to offer training on carbon literacy for organisations.
The materials from the conference are now available for you to download below.