Undertaking capital asset valuations for land and property is crucial for the local authority balance sheet.
As accounting regulations change, the Certificate in Asset Valuation ensures professionals remain compliant with the very latest legislative standards. Ensure accurate interpretation from the very beginning of the process for a straight forward auditing process by learning the background of valuations, why they are so important, the relevant rules and current best practice approaches that can be deployed with this asset valuation training.
Who is it for?
- Professionals requiring an entry level introduction to undertaking local authority asset valuations.
- Those with existing knowledge/experience seeking a structured refresh.
- Local authority finance professionals who want to broaden their understanding of the valuation process.
- Non-valuation property professionals who oversee the valuation process.
What will you learn?
- How to undertake local authority asset valuations.
- The ability to oversee asset valuations undertaken by your team or external valuers.
- How to commission asset valuation programmes.
“I just wanted to take the chance to say a genuine thank you for the delivery of the Asset Valuation Course. I found it very interesting and informative and your delivery turned what could be quite a dry subject into a really worthwhile course which hopefully will help us take the best approach to our Asset Valuation Program.
"I think the course is very well structured and although there is a substantial content, overall it is broken down to manageable modules which, hopefully, means that we have come away from it with a decent understanding of what we should be thinking about in the approach.
"However, without question, it is your own personalities and delivery make the course enjoyable and more than worthwhile.
Gerry McParland, Team Leader, South Lanarkshire Council
“Working as a local authority accountant, interacting in the mysterious world of asset valuations, completing the CIPFA Certificate in Asset Valuation has been one of the most informative and sanity saving courses I have ever attended. Gaining the knowledge of the detailed requirements of the valuation process and terminology has been invaluable. The professionalism, enthusiasm and helpfulness of the tutors was always evident; with their delivery being second to none.
"In short: the knowledge gained from this training has been invaluable to my role as an asset accountant - thank you.”
Joyce Sedgwick, Service Accountant, Borough of Barrow-In-Furness Council