Tick your 2021 annual membership statement off your list
Many of you have already completed your 2021 AMS. For those who haven't, here is some new year's resolution-style inspiration for tackling your admin.
Keeping up to date
A new year's resolution for many is to be more organised, more efficient and proactive in getting things done. Perhaps this is true for you right now. If so, as we settle into 2022, why not use this drive to complete your annual membership statement if you haven't already done so. As a reminder, all CIPFA members must complete their annual membership statement each year by 31 March the following year, and you can access your new statement anytime from November via your MyCIPFA account. Your statement should:
- be quick and easy to complete
- be an up-to-date record of your status (in practice or not in practice)
- contain your CPD declaration.
Those who are retired, affiliates and associate members are not required to complete the statement.
Tips for completing admin tasks
We all tackle tasks differently. If you struggle with administrative to-dos like this, here are a few tips to help you.
- Clear a block of time in your calendar when no one can disturb you, perhaps on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, to dedicate to any outstanding tasks.
- Where possible, complete smaller tasks when first notified, as it's often these ones that build up, thus becoming a bigger undertaking.
- For anything that can be completed on your smartphone or tablet, consider using break-out time or the commute (if you still commute!) to do this.
- A job shared is a job halved (or at least it's half the effort): consider tackling your admin at the same time as a colleague, friend, partner or housemate to lighten the burden.
If you need any help with your annual membership statement, please contact the membership department:
T: +44 (0)20 7543 5600